Beginner’s Sewing Class- Pillowcase
If you have never turned on a sewing machine- or you have but you aren’t confident sewing- then this is the class for you! We will start from the beginning and teach you everything you need to know to get started with sewing! We will create a pillowcase that you get to take home. All students ages 8 to 200 are welcome.
What you will learn:
- How to set up and thread your machine
- How to wind a bobbin
- Basic sewing terminology
- How to pin and cut fabric
- How to sew straight and curved lines and follow a seam allowance
- How to follow a simple sewing pattern
What you will need:
- A sewing machine- contact us before the class if you need to use one of ours.
- All purpose thread & a bobbin that fits your sewing machine
- Sewing scissors
- Seam ripper
- Fabric marker or tailor’s chalk
- 2/3yd of 42” wide quilting weight fabric for the main part of the pillowcase and 1/3yd of the same fabric type for the cuff- check out the selection at the Handmade Hive at 209 W Michigan Ave in Marshall and Cassie will help you to choose the correct fabric.
Class Length: 2.5 Hours
Max Class Size: 6
Tue, April 16, 2019, 6:00 – 8:30 PM EST, RESERVE NOW
Thu, May 30, 2019, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM EST, RESERVE NOW
Fri, June 14, 2019, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM EST, RESERVE NOW