This is a level 2 class. During this class you will learn how to sew a dress using knit fabric on a regular sewing machine. You will leave class with confidence to sew with knit fabrics. All students ages 8 to 200 are welcome! We will use the Fairytale Frock pattern to make a solid tank dress. The pattern is included with the class, please see the list of materials needed below.
Prerequisites, you must have taken Beginner’s Sewing or be able to meet the following:
- You can thread your bobbin and your sewing machine
- You can sew straight and curved lines
- You have sewn multiple simple projects
- You can follow a seam allowance
What you will learn:
- How to measure and choose the correct pattern size
- How to sew a stretch stitch for knit fabrics
- How to attach a knit neckband
- How to hem knit fabrics
What you will need:
- The Fairytale Frock printed pattern is included with this class, we will have it for you when you arrive.
- A sewing machine- contact us before the class if you need to use one of ours.
- All purpose Thread & a bobbin that fits your sewing machine
- Sewing scissors
- Pins or clips
- Seam ripper
- Fabric marker or tailor’s chalk
- 2 1/2 yards of knit fabric, washed and dried.
Class Length: 3 Hours
Max Class Size: 6
Tue., April 30, 2019, 10 AM – 1:00 PM EST, RESERVE NOW