Learning to Sew with Knit Fabric- Knit Top
This is a level 2 class. During this class you will learn how to sew a top using knit fabric on a regular sewing machine. You will leave class with confidence to sew with knit fabrics. All students ages 8 to 200 are welcome!
Prerequisites, you must have taken Beginner’s Sewing or be able to meet the following:
- You can thread your bobbin and your sewing machine
- You can sew straight and curved lines
- You have sewn multiple simple projects
- You can follow a seam allowance
- What you will learn:
- How to measure and choose the correct pattern size
- How to sew a stretch stitch for knit fabrics
- How to attach a knit neckband
- How to hem knit fabrics
What you will need:
- A sewing machine- contact us before the class if you need to use one of ours.
- All purpose Thread & a bobbin that fits your sewing machine
- Sewing scissors
- Pins or clips
- Seam ripper
- Fabric marker or tailor’s chalk
- 2 yards of knit fabric, washed and dried.
Class Length: 3 Hours
Max Class Size: 6
Fri, May 10, 2019, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST, RESERVE NOW
Thu, June 20, 2019, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST, RESERVE NOW