Difficulty: Advanced Beginner
Techniques Involved: Applying binding, using elastic for ruching, and hemming straight and curved edges.
All files are PDF files that can be printed at home on Letter or A4 sized paper. Each pattern includes one file for the pattern and print-at-home pieces, and another file containing the copy shop A0 (33.1″ wide) pattern pieces. We’ve placed the pattern pieces on individual layers so you can print only the size(s) you need, saving you on paper and ink.
This pattern is designed for medium to heavy weight knit fabrics and requires at least 30% crosswise stretch. Jersey, Interlock, Scuba, and Rayon Spandex are just a few great options.
For the ruched dress- 2/3 yard of 1/4” wide braided elastic or lastin
- Pins or Clips
- Tape Measure
- Tape or Glue (For piecing pages together.)
- Paper & Fabric Scissors
- Matching Polyester Thread
- Ball Point or Stretch Needle
- Sewing Machine with stretch stitch
- Iron & Ironing Board or Mat
- Rotary Cutter, Mat, and Acrylic Ruler
- Marking Pen